Minimizing income taxes is a high priority for clients, after all you never want to pay more in taxes than you have to. Every dollar saved in taxes is one more dollar that can be invested, gifted to charity, or left to the kids. Here are some of the tax and financial planning strategies we review with our clients:
- Restructuring your investment portfolio to produce a higher after-tax return
- Shifting income to dependents in a lower tax bracket
- Maximizing qualified plans and IRA contributions
- Analyzing company plans to defer income
- Using tax smart ways to gift assets to charity
- Using back-door Roth IRA strategies
- Creative ways to shelter gains on stock or real estate
- No-load annuities to shelter earnings from income taxes
- Life insurance to provide tax-deferral
- Donor advised funds for charitable giving
- Deferred compensation
- Tax-loss harvesting
Careful tax planning can free up money that you can use to achieve your goals. Though we do not prepare tax returns, as part of our financial planning relationship, we will review your tax returns for opportunities and work diligently with you to help you identify the most appropriate income tax minimization strategies.
Would you worry less if you had more money to save toward your goals? Discover how much more money you could be keeping for yourself and your future. Contact us today for a no-cost review of your prior three years’ tax returns.